Mamma's Space

Dealing with stretch marks during pregnancy

On January 15, 2016, by Mamma Mia

Around 75- 90 percent of pregnant women develop stretch marks on their body. These are caused due to genetic and hormonal changes during pregnancy. Our bodies develop stretch marks when our skin stretches more than what the tone of our skin can take. Continue reading

Demystifying postpartum hair loss

On January 8, 2016, by Mamma Mia

Normally 90% of hair is in growing phase at any given time, while the other 10% enter a resting phase. Every 2-3 months the resting hair falls out and allows new hair to grow in its place. Continue reading

Expert Speak: Skin changes in newborn

On January 4, 2016, by Mamma Mia

New parents usually become concerned about the changes a newborn infant’s skin goes through both in appearance and texture post birth. Most of these changes disappear within a few days to weeks and do not need any specific attention. Continue reading

Dealing with dietary cravings during pregnancy

On November 30, 2015, by Mamma Mia

Hormones going haywire during pregnancy is a tale oft-repeated, but what generally catches expecting mothers off-guard is the longing for some foods and absolute aversion to others. Continue reading

Role of fiber during Pregnancy

On November 30, 2015, by Mamma Mia

By Sonia Gandhi, Dietician, Fortis Mamma Mia, Mohali A commonly found, but oft ignored problem pregnant women face is constipation. During pregnancy, body’s natural process slow down the process of digestion to help make sure that the body extracts as many nutrients as possible from the food consumed. In addition, sometime additional iron intake, which is recommended during pregnancy, also contributes to constipation. Fortunately, increasing… read more »